Managing Business Systems Change
The key to preparing for a Change in Business System is understanding what internal transformation to organisational capabilities is possible, both in terms of the people that use the business systems and the new technology that you choose. The key to this process is laying the groundwork up front so that people are prepared and risks are mitigated to the greatest extent.
The process we follow with prospects helps them to align their change process with the capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics to clearly demonstrate that the solution they are choosing is representative of the capability, understanding, aspirations and budget of the organisation. While not every step is always required the flow in the next steps is a proven process for successful commitment to a low risk high capability solution.
- Strategic IT Review - If you are unsure of the best ways to use Microsoft Dynamics, before engaging in product evaluation processes you can undertake a Strategic IT review with hands-on Systems. The outcome of the review is a report that lays out your current IT situation including hardware, software and infrastructure and makes recommendations as to how Microsoft technologies can be deployed to meet organisational objectives.
- Discovery to Determine Scope and Budget - When you are ready to evaluate Microsoft Dynamics, a meeting or meetings are held to discover more about the requirements and the potential solution. The resulting product is a document that outlines the discussions, a potential solution and ballpark price based on the discussions to far that identifies what it will take to deliver a solution together.
- Analysis and Diagnostic - If more clarification is required you can start with a formal “SureStep” like Diagnostics phase or a combined Diagnostics and Analysis phase to for example, scope in requirements, build budgets and plans and build views on likely fits and gaps. While the end product is similar to discovery, more is known and unknowns are better identified.
- Demonstration of Solution - Concept On approval of the price a demonstration is built to show how Microsoft Dynamics can meet the requirements and to help the stakeholders to better understand the capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics to meet your future needs. The outcome from this demonstration is a decision to move forward with a more detailed proposal.
- Solution Proposal - The solution proposal is a formal offer that outlines all the processes required to successfully deliver the project and the steps required for both sides to undertake the implementation. Formal pricing and implementation processes are written and the proposal is submitted for discussion and approval.
- Preparing for Change - At this point contract conditions are reviewed, signed and the processes to commence the project are planned so that the project can start as soon as practical, and all people with a stake in the project are made aware of the coming change and of their role in the implementation and use of the business system.