What are Managed Services?
KPMG Hands-on Systems can provide your company a complete outsourced IT solution. Our Managed Services offering takes the worry out of budgeting for unknown issues with a fixed monthly price.
Benefits of Managed Services
- Fixed Monthly Price: You pay a low monthly fee that allows for accurate budgeting and growth forecasting.
- Proactive Monitoring: We constantly monitor the health of your network and servers, and are able to quickly detect emerging issues, often before they result in downtime for your users.
- Proactive Maintenance: Our maintenance schedules mean that software updates, security patches and upgrades are rigorously applied, to ensure the highest uptime for your systems.
- Professional qualified & dedicated systems engineers: We only employ highly experienced and tertiary qualified engineers, who are dedicated to providing superior levels of service. We make sure they get the latest in training and certification on industry standard solutions such as Microsoft and VMware.
- Vendor Partnerships with leading suppliers: Microsoft, VMWare, IBM, HP, Computer Associates, Symantec, Kaseya
- Service Level Agreements: Defined SLAs, workflows and escalation procedures ensure that support requests are handled professionally, and attended to quickly and efficiently.
- Dedicated Support Desk: Open 7am to 7pm weekdays, we can assist with most issues over the phone or using remote access technologies. When needed one of our engineers, will visit you onsite.
- Third Party Technical Support Management. KPMG Hands-on Systems will directly interface to third party technology providers to co-ordinate services and act as a single point of contact for the resolution of any technological related issue that is covered in the Managed Services Agreement.
- Regular Strategic IT Planning Sessions: We will create a customised Strategic IT Plan for your company, and hold regular meetings with you to ensure you are getting the most from your IT investment.
- We will keep you abreast of the latest developments and technologies, and assist you with planning for your future requirements.
- Account Management: A dedicated Account Manager is assigned to you so you only have to deal with one contact.